Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Easter

This is my favorite holiday. This year more than ever I have reflected on what was really accomplished and what it means for me personally. In school we read a wonderful book, Journey to the Cross. It starts on Good Friday and each chapter is one step Jesus took toward the cross. The girls retained so much and woke up with praise on their lips that Jesus had risen.  We did not attend church as Hudson was sick, and it was very wet outside so we had a indoor egg hunt. This year I made resurrection eggs for the kids. There are twelve eggs and each egg holds a scripture verse and a symbol. Jon read each verse as it was opened and then hung it on our Easter Tree. We really enjoyed it! Then we had a small feast and took communion before Jon had to work. My parents came over later and we enjoyed spending time with them, as always.

DSC01773

DSC01753

1 comment: