Friday, September 16, 2011

Mini Room Make-over

We wanted Macy to know how much we missed her while she was at camp, so I decided to give her room a little face lift. She loves looking through the PBTeen catalog (Pottery Barn Teen). I got online, looked at several of their featured rooms, and then went to work. First, Jon got me some apple green spray paint. I actually wanted it to paint a $2 Goodwill lamp, but it wasn't QUITE the right green for the job, yet perfect for Macy's room. Jon assured me he bought apple green paint- it's the name of the color. Apparently their are different shades of apple green. :) I took some old white shadow boxes and ledge and painted them green. They really pop now on the wall. 


Then I spray painted these frames I got from my grandma white. Mom had picked up this adorable scrapbook paper for the girls a while back and I had made a little "MACY 9" banner for her birthday. I used coordinating paper for the backs and then glued on the M, A, C, Y. Eventually they'll be hung on the wall, but that's a professional Daddy job. I also gave the desk a fresh coat of white paint. 


Next we hung this over the bed. The daybed was given to us from Aunt Cath and Uncle Randy. The hanging thing was a present from Mom several years ago. The picture is a bad one, but you can get the gist of it. :)

Needless to say, Macy was thrilled. It's slowly in transition from little girl to young lady. SLOWLY.... :)

2 comments: