Friday, January 13, 2012

Paper Wreath Mirror

I have wanted a sun-burst mirror for several years. Lately I have seen several 'home made' designs that were really clever, but not quite right for us. I also have been seeing paper crafts from old books. Last summer I picked up several old falling apart books just to have on hand for crafts. Anthropologie had a stunning display several years ago in their store in the Pearl (Portland) and ever since I have wanted to replicate in my home. Enter this amazing German book from 1946. Not that old, but it has had some serious wear. My German isn't good (das haus is brun is about as good as it gets) but this is clearly a Christian book. The font is Old English and very difficult to read. There was a lot of underlining and notes in the book, super cool. Jon is German (Hagel = Hail) and I thought it would be cool to use this, a Christian book with Jon's heritage as a focal point in our home (We also have the Hagel family bible in German, which is so beautiful). I started seeing paper wreaths and loved how simple they are, and so unique. Dad advised me on where to get my circle mirror and even bought it for me, Thanks, Dad! 



So now just need to put my mirror in the middle, and viola, new centerpiece. Cost: about 50 cents. (Dad treated me to the mirror- Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on this project. Can't wait to see it with the mirror in place. =)

    ReplyDelete