Friday, August 5, 2011

Dress Making

I love to sew. And when a favorite local fabric store was having a midsummer clearance sale I jumped on it. I asked Mom along for her advice and she ended up buying all the fabric! Thanks Mom!

There are some great blogs with full tutorials on whatever you want out there. I really love Me Sew Crazy (how great is that title?) (www.mesewcrazy.com). I set out to make a dress for each girl, but the dress for Natalie was small, so Lindsey got two: Spring Fever and Jackie-O. I have not made the pill-box hat to go along with the Jackie-O yet, but soon! It’s adorable! For Macy I made the Braided Dress because it was a little more ‘grown-up.’

I feel like I have to make a dress twice to really get it right. I will make this again (the Spring Fever) and know now where it needs more give and where it won’t. Having a dress form would be a dream!

IMAG0051

IMAG0052

Mom picked out this batik. Isn’t it cute?! I love the dots and stripes.

IMAG0054

IMAG0055

2 comments:

  1. These turned out SEW (haha) good!! You are SEW (I can't stop) talented, truly! Good job!

    ReplyDelete