Friday, August 5, 2011

School Scheduling 95% Complete!!

Those words sound like a birdsong on a rainy day. School Scheduling 95% Complete. Can’t you just feel the way it rolls off your tongue? Wait. You can’t? Well, perhaps you haven’t spent uncountable hours pouring through texts and feverishly filling in a gird on Excel. You haven’t? Right, that must explain it.

This year I decided to do it a little differently and thus far (you know, not using it at all, but just sitting there with a glazed, loving smile admiring it) I really like it! :) The Porta-File holds three ring files for each week of our school year. I simply take out which week we are on, put it in my notebook, and voila. Done. Everything is contained therein. Yes, yes, I know, it sounds impossibly easy- BUT IT WAS A LOT OF WORK GETTING THERE! My sweet Man made endless copies and dealt with a very messy house (see my last entry) during this process. He must have the man’s version- Created to be HER Helpmeet! lol.

Things are sane once again. Only 5% more to go! And it’s just binder assembly, how hard can that be?! :) Speaking of, the kids were delighted to scrap covers for their binders. I started one, too, because everyone knows beauty enhances ease of use.

IMAG0104

IMAG0112

IMAG0106

IMAG0107

IMAG0109

No comments:

Post a Comment