Friday, August 5, 2011

Scheduling Life

About four years ago I was in a bible study when a good friend said, “I clean my house once a week.” I stared at her, wide-eyed and thought, “Can it be possible?” That’s when we were living in an adorable but very tiny house, packed like peas in a pod. If two things were out of place it felt like the entire house was in an uproar. Now we’re living in a much larger house and I’m not vacuuming three times a day and doing all dishes by hand. Phew, that alone is wonderful! However, now I have hours in mowing and weed eating each week. In the time we’ve lived in our new home I have slacked with keeping with our ‘scheduled’ cleaning. Fridays are our ‘big clean-up days’ which involve our deep cleaning routine and it’s gotten us along well. As I’m looking into our future I see less and less ‘chunks’ of available time. That’s fine, what is filling those previous chunks are wonderful activities, but I can see that other areas of our life will have to change, too. I pulled out my old 3 ring binder with our chore schedule. Unfortunately, I tossed about half the papers I used to have, and will have to rebuild, but what’s there is good stuff.

A Virtuous Woman (www.avirtuouswoman.org) has some great printable sheets to get you started on your road to Home Cleanliness Freedom! lol. It’s under the At Home tab, Household Notebook. I haven’t visited the site in several years, but it looks like there is also a wealth of other great info, like teaching your kids how to pray, making memories, and even a home education link!

I’d love to hear how you manage your home! Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment